GIDIFEED earlier reported to you how this year’s edition of The Voice Nigeria came to an end and Idyl of TeamTimi was announced winner of the second season of Airtel’s The Voice Nigeria.
The fact that he was announced the winner took a lot of people by surprise as many did not expect him to take home the grand prize.
We present seven facts you should know about Nigeria’s newest voice.
1. His real name is Daniel Diongoli but he is popularly called Idyl .
For those of you who aren’t die hard Idyl fans, don’t be taken off guard when you see posts about ‘#GracePikin‘. That’s what Mr. Dingoli fans and Mr. Dingoli himself call him.
2. Idyl is 22 Years old. It’s really hard to believe that the powerhouse talent is just 22 years old. That just goes to show that age really is nothing but a number.
3. He hails from the south-south state of Bayelsa. It may also interest you to know that his coach Timi Dakolo, he’s from the south-south state of Bayelsa.
4. Idyl was a former Engineering student of Niger Delta University, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
5. Idyl was a protege on the team of Timi Dakolo, soul/R&B singer.
6. Idyl who is now the eventual winner earns a recording contract with Universal Music Group, an SUV car worth N7m and a trip to Abu Dhabi.
Congratulations once again!